Sweet and Smokey Chicken Burger on Sweet Potato Noodle Bun
Posted on October 03 2016
We've teamed up with The Spice Cave and Kasandrinos Organic Olive Oil
We came up with some great paleo recipes using products from these two awesome companies. First our chef created the Sweet and Smokey Sauce using The Spice Cave Fire Blend. This is a great BBQ sauce that tastes great on any grilled or baked meat. The Chicken Burger uses the Fire blend in it as well.
Sweet Potato Noodle Buns?
Sweet potato noodle bun is a creative gluten-free bun alternative. It's kind of like french fries and a bun, all in one! If you don't want to make your own sweet potato noodles you can buy some of our Sage Sweet Potato Noodles to use for this recipe.
Our chef also created a tasty Balsamic Vinaigrette and a fresh homemade Mayonnaise using Kasandrinos Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Be sure to give these recipes a try and check out The Spice Cave and Kasandrinos Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to get some of these great products for your pantry!
SWEET AND SMOKEY CHICKEN BURGER ON A SWEET POTATO NOODLE BUN
- 2 large sweet potatoes, spiralized
- 2-3 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 T. Spice Cave “Fire” spice blend
- 3 T. onion finely minced
- 3 T. olive oil
SWEET AND SMOKEY SAUCE
- 2 T. coconut sugar
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 2 T. molasses
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 4 T. honey
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 T. “Fire” spice blend
- 1 cup Kosandrino Olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. Honey
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup Kosandrino Olive Oil
- 2T. white vinegar
- 1 t. sea salt
FOR THE SAUCE
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and simmer over low heat to meld flavors.
FOR THE BUN
- Heat half the olive oil in pan, saute sweet potato noodles until al dente. Season lightly with salt. Cool.
- Whisk eggs and mix noodles with eggs.
- Heat more olive oil in a non-stick pan and spoon a half cup of noodles into a rough circle to fry, turning once and frying until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove to a paper towel lined tray. Repeat to make 8 “buns.”
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Slice red and green bell peppers and saute in olive oil until softened.
FOR THE BURGER
- Mix chicken meat, spice blend and onion and refrigerate to firm meat up.
- Heat a grill or saute pan and add olive oil.
- Divide the meat into fourths and scoop chicken directly into pan to make four patties, pressing down with your hand to flatten.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Lay on tray and finish cooking in oven if burgers are not cooked through.
- To serve lay a sweet potato noodle bun on a plate.
- Top with a tablespoon of sweet and smoky sauce then lay the burger on top of that then some of the red and green peppers and another spoonful of the sweet and smoky sauce.
- Top with another noodle bun.
FOR THE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- Put all ingredients into a container and emulsify using immersion blender.
FOR THE MAYONNAISE
- Crack eggs and put yolks only into a small jar.
- Pour olive oil, vinegar and salt over it, and submerge immersion blender to bottom of jar and blend on high until a mayonnaise forms.