Patriots AIP/Paleo Poundcake Recipe
Posted on September 11 2015
In celebration of our freedom here's a Paleo/AIP recipe that truly honors the day! This patriotic inspired dish uses the brilliant colors of red strawberries, blueberries, and coconut cream to create the food version of the American flag.
2 cups of Otto's Cassava Flour
1/2 cup of Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp. of Seasalt
1 tsp. baking soda
4 egg substitute (4 tbsp. gelatin in 6 tbsp. of water)
2/3 cups of honey
2/3 cups of coconut oil, solid
1/2 cup of coconut milk
2 tbsp. of vanilla
6 cups of coconut cream
3 tbsp. of vanilla
1/2 cup of honey
Patriotic Poundcake Can Be AIP Approved!
This delicious paleo poundcake is made from Otto's Cassava flour and the entire dessert is paleo and AIP compliant.
PALEO POUNDCAKE RECIPE
- Mix together ingredients.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- To make the gelatin into a usable liquid form, put the six tablespoons of water into a small bowl. Sprinkle four tablespoons of gelatin over it. Allow the water to absorb into the gelatin, then melt the gelatin over a water bath on the stove. To complete recipe, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
COCONUT CREAM RECIPE
- Using a whisk, blend all ingredients until thick.