Pan Seared Mahi Mahi over Sticky Coconut “Rice” with Mango Salsa
Posted on December 26 2014
Flaky mahi mahi tuna is pan seared to perfection and served over a bed of warm coconut "rice". Complement the paleo meal with a fruity mango salsa and you have a 5 star meal better than most restaurants. Roll in the new year with something outstandingly delicious!
PAN SEARED MAHI MAHI OVER STICKY COCONUT “RICE” WITH MANGO SALSA RECIPE
We use cauliflower rice and cook it to just the right texture, serve pan seared mahi mahi tuna on top and then garnish with delicious mango salsa.
For the salsa-
For the rice-
For the fish-
- Mix together salsa ingredients and place in fridge.
- Add chopped cauliflower to a food processor with the shredding attachment to “rice” the cauliflower.
- Place over large pot over medium heat, add coconut oil then add riced cauliflower. Add coconut milk/cream along with a little salt. Mix together to incorporate and let cook for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Once soft, add shredded coconut, mix, then turn down heat to low to keep warm.
- Add a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil. Once very hot, pat mahi mahi dry and salt on both sides, then add to the pan and cook on both sides for 5-7 minutes. Do not crowd pan because that will make the fish steam instead of getting a nice crust on both sides. Cook in batches, if needed.
- Place mahi mahi on top of coconut rice, top with mango salsa and garnish with cilantro and shredded coconut.
Paleo OMG does it again! Show them some love and check out their other creations.