Instant Pot AIP Tuscan Garlic Chicken Thighs
Posted on February 22 2018
Using the term "Tuscan" in reference to food typically means simplicity in ingredients and flavors. That definitely applies to our AIP Tuscan Garlic Chicken Thighs. Fresh herbs and spinach are the highlight, and the nutritional yeast adds the cheesy flavor that you would expect in this Italian inspired dish and also helps to thicken the sauce a bit. Simple, clean, AIP and tasty. What more could you ask for? Give this AIP recipe a try and serve it over your favorite cauliflower rice.
TUSCAN GARLIC CHICKEN THIGHS
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken thighs (or Breasts) halved and pounded thin
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sage finely chopped
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast powder
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
- Slice the Chicken Breasts in half and pound so they are even.
- Add the Chicken, Oil, Italian seasoning, Salt and Garlic to a Mixing Bowl. Massage marinade into the Chicken.
- Select Sauté or Browning on your Pressure Cooker and allow to heat.
- When hot, place the Chicken and Marinade into Pressure Cooker cooking pot.
- Lightly Brown the pieces of Chicken on both sides.
- Pour in Chicken Broth. Quickly deglaze the cooking pot, making sure nothing is stuck on the bottom of the pot.
- Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook at High Pressure for 3 minutes. When Beep sounds, push Cancel and carefully do a controlled Quick Release.
- Select Sauté/Browning on your Pressure Cooker. Whisk Seasoned Salt into Cream and then pour into cooking pot. Simmer until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the Nutritional Yeast
- Add Spinach and Simmer until Spinach wilts.