AIP Strawberry Jam
Posted on October 22 2018
This is a simple AIP-friendly strawberry jam recipe you can make when there is an abundance of delicious strawberries available and freeze it in small portions for when you have something to spread it on. Like a Southern Style Biscuit! Simple and delicious, now there's a word combo I can believe in!
STRAWBERRY JAM (AIP)
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/3 c. honey
- 2 tsp. grassfed gelatin
- Chop the tops off of the strawberries and discard them, then slice the strawberries in half.
- Put the strawberries, lemon juice and honey in a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
- Allow the mixture to boil lightly for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the strawberries are softened, start pureeing the mixture with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the gelatin and stir until well combined.
- Cool thoroughly.