AIP Sliced Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream on Sweet Potato Chips
Posted on December 13 2017
AIP Sliced Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream on Sweet Potato ChipsI love this appetizer! Cutting the sweet potato into thicker slices then baking them makes for a nice "cracker". We've topped it with arugula, grass-fed filet and a little coconut creamed horseradish, but you can be creative and top it with all sorts of things. If I were to do this at home I think grilling would be my preferred method of cooking the filet. Getting a little char on the meat would add great contrast of flavors. This is a great AIP dish for entertaining!
SLICED BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH HORSERADISH CREAM ON SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- 1 lb grass fed beef tenderloin
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 T. olive oil
- 1 t. sea salt
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup horseradish
- 1 oz arugula or watercress leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425. Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into ¼“ slices. Spread onto a parchment lined sheet tray and bake 20 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Set aside.
- Season the beef tenderloin with sea salt on both sides. Heat an oven safe sauté pan over a medium high heat and sear it turning once, then transfer to 400 oven and bake until 130 internal temperature (for medium rare), about 8-10 minutes. Check with thermometer. Remove pan from oven and set aside to let the meat rest.
- Mix the coconut cream and horseradish together.
- Thinly slice the tenderloin across the grain. Lay out the sweet potato chips, put one slice of tenderloin over each chip, top with a few arugula leaves and a teaspoon of horseradish cream.