AIP Skillet Seared Salmon Filet with Cucumber Dill Sauce
Posted on August 20 2018
Here is a classic salmon presentation with a savory cucumber dill sauce. Very often the most simple of recipes are the tastiest and this one doesn't disappoint. The beauty of this AIP Recipe is how versatile it is. Serve it as we do here with a nice side of sauteed vegetables or serve it on top of a bed of mixed greens and vegetables for a delicious salad. The sauce becomes dressing. Give it a try!
SKILLET SEARED SALMON FILET WITH CUCUMBER DILL SAUCE
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- Sea salt
- 2 oz olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup of cucumber, cut into small dice
- 1 cup coconut cream, skimmed from top of can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pat both sides of salmon dry with paper towels, season both sides evenly with sea salt. Heat an oven safe 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and once oil is shimmering add salmon top side down first. Leave some space between fillets and cook about 4 minutes, without moving, on the first side until golden brown on bottom then flip salmon to opposite side and place pan in 400 degree oven until salmon has cooked through, about 2 - 3 minutes longer. Serve warm with cucumber dill sauce over the top.
By Executive Chef Ann Lotterhos