AIP Seared Honey Orange Glazed Salmon
Posted on August 20 2018
If you like your AIP fish sauce on the sweeter side of things, this one is for you! Four simple ingredients make up the delicious sauce/glaze for this recipe. The Coconut Aminos give it slight teriyaki flavor that many enjoy with salmon. Regardless it is another delicious offering from Chef Ann that you definitely need to try.
SEARED HONEY ORANGE GLAZED SALMON
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 4 cloves garlic , crushed
- Sea salt
- Half an orange , sliced to serve
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear salmon skin-side up for 3-4 minutes. Flip and sear for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the orange juice and allow to reduce to half the quantity (it takes about 1 minute to reduce down if your pan is hot enough). Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds). Move the salmon to the sides of the pan and add in the honey and soy sauce, stirring well to combine all of the flavors together.
- Bring to a simmer until reduced to a nice syrup (about 1 minute) and spoon the sauce over the salmon to evenly coat.
- Remove from heat once the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with orange slices over the top.
By Executive Chef Ann Lotterhos