AIP Poached Salmon Lemon Dill Salad over Cucumber Rounds
Posted on December 13 2017
AIP Poached Lemon Dill Salad over Cucumber RoundsA well rounded AIP appetizer menu should have a seafood option available. Here is a simple, clean and easy-to-prepare dish that your guests will love. Source the freshest fish possible, then poach the night before your get together to make the day less stressful for you. The delicious poached salmon salad served on top of the cucumber creates a taste so fresh and sophisticated your guests will marvel at your culinary abilities.
POACHED LEMON DILL SALAD OVER CUCUMBER ROUNDS
- 8 oz salmon filet
- juice & zest from one lemon
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4” thick rounds
- In a small sauté pan, heat about 2” of water until simmering.
- Gently lower the skinless salmon filet into the water and poach for 5-7 minutes until cooked through and easily flakes with a fork.
- Remove salmon with a spatula and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Place salmon in a medium bowl and gently break into small chunks with a fork.
- Add lemon zest and juice, coconut cream, dill, scallions, and salt and toss together until evenly mixed.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto each cucumber round, and top with additional dill for garnish.