AIP Green Salad with Creamy Italian Dressing
Posted on August 09 2018
Do you enjoy gardening? Spending time in the yard cultivating the garden with hands in the dirt can be rewarding. It can also be fruitful and contribute delicious AIP and Paleo food to your kitchen. If you are growing your own greens, why not compliment them with a delicious and easy homemade salad dressing. Italian dressing is a classic and this recipe that Chef Ann developed in the POTG Test Kitchen is delicious. She uses avocado to emulsify which adds another layer of flavor and creaminess to the dressing. This would be great as a dip for crudité as well.
GREEN SALAD WITH CREAMY ITALIAN DRESSING
- 1 lb mixed greens, any combination of spinach, bibb, iceberg, baby kale, radicchio, endive, romaine
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small dice
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup Red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. dry Oregano
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until emulsified and thick. Add a little water if you like your dressing thinner.
- Distribute greens and diced vegetables over 4 plates and drizzle with the dressing.