AIP Green Goddess Salad
Posted on March 20 2018
Green Goddess Salad Dressing has been around for 100 years. Traditionally made with mayonnaise, our chef has created an AIP version that is, in my opinion, simply delicious. The fresh herbs, the coconut cream, and the pop of fresh lemon make this dressing perfection. Use it as a salad dressing or as a dip for crudité. To me this is the ultimate salad, garden fresh and bright like the long days of summer. You can play with the salad ingredients and add your favorite vegetables, just blanch them first. For our non-AIP readers, hard boiled egg would be a nice addition. Don't eat shrimp? Then try some grilled chicken!
GREEN GODDESS SALAD (AIP)
- ½ # arugula
- ½ # butter lettuce
- ¼ # baby spinach
- 1 # asparagus spears
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cucumber
- 1 # cooked chicken or shrimp or salmon
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ½ cup parsley, fresh
- ½ cup green onions, white and green parts
- ½ cup basil, fresh
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Puree all dressing ingredients in a blender until very smooth. Adjust salt if needed.
- Heat a pot of water until simmering. Trim off tough ends of asparagus spears. Put them in the simmering water and cook for 2-3 minutes until crisp tender. Remove with tongs to a plate to cool. Peel and slice the cucumber. Cut the avocados in half, remove pits, scoop out flesh and slice.
- Toss the salad greens together.
- Divide it amongst 4 large plates. Top with sliced avocados, asparagus and cucumbers. Sprinkle each plate with 4 oz of cooked protein of your choice.
- Drizzle the salad liberally with the green goddess dressing.