AIP Balsamic Grilled Chicken with Honey Bacon Glaze
Posted on December 04 2018
This is a very rich and flavorful AIP recipe that would be great served alongside a nice dinner salad for a quick and easy dinner. The combination of balsamic vinegar and bacon is truly inspired, you should really try this at home!
BALSAMIC GRILLED CHICKEN WITH HONEY BACON GLAZE
- 4 chicken breasts split and pounded to even thickness
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked sea salt
FOR THE GLAZE
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon coconut vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- In a bowl, mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and smoked sea salt. Add the chicken breast and marinate for a few hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Make the glaze. In a large pan, cook the bacon until it is crisp, then remove to a paper towel lined plate and let cool. Chop it up and set aside.
- Drain the grease from the pan and add the honey, vinegar and coconut aminos. Let bubble over medium heat. Once it is bubbly, add in the chopped bacon. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until it has thickened slightly, then remove from heat.
- The glaze will continue to thicken as it cools down.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heat. Cook 2-4 minutes per side, until it is no longer pink. Serve topped with the bacon glaze with grilled veggies on the side.
By Executive Chef Ann Lotterhos