AIP Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Posted on December 15 2017
AIP Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped ShrimpShrimp Gumbo, Shrimp Louie, Shrimp Scampi... remember that scene in Forrest Gump where Bubba is talking to Forrest about all the ways to prepare shrimp? Well, he forgot Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp. A super simple AIP recipe that will impress your guests. Very simple to prepare, you can do it earlier before guests arrive then pop them in the oven at the last minute. Great for a party, or treat yourself to a little shrimp deliciousness for a night on the couch Netflix binging.
MAPLE GLAZED BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp (about 18)
- salt to taste
- 9 slices Paleo bacon cut in half
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Place a wire rack on top of the baking sheet. This will help the bacon crisp up all around the shrimp.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tail on.
- Season the shrimp generously with salt.
- Wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon.
- Lay the bacon wrapped shrimp on the prepared baking sheet with the seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp and bacon.
- Brush each bacon wrapped shrimp generously with the maple syrup.
- Bake the shrimp for 15 minutes.
- Then turn the broiler on and broil for 2 to 3 minutes more to crisp up the bacon.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve.