Turkey Mole Enchiladas
Posted on November 18 2016
Go South of the Border with Turkey MoleWhat the heck is Mole? Some people may wonder about a sauce for meat that has chocolate in it. Mole has been around a very long time. It is a traditional sauce from Mexico that is a blend of spices, chili peppers and cocoa. Our Paleo version is rich and flavorful. It's great for turkey leftovers, or for your next bbq. Give it a try today!
TURKEY MOLE ENCHILADAS
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot, diluted in a little water
- 2 ounces cacao powder
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 lb. leftover turkey meat, shredded
- 8 POTG tortillas
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, oregano, tomatoes cumin and cinnamon.
- Cover and cook until onion is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in chili powder and diluted arrowroot, stir for 3 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth.
- Increase heat to medium.
- Boil until reduced, about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in cacao.
- Stir meat into mole sauce to heat through and serve on warm tortillas with cold coconut cream and chopped cilantro.