Skillet Seared Salmon with Caribbean Mango Pineapple Salsa (AIP) - POTG Test Kitchen
Posted on August 20 2018
SKILLET SEARED SALMON WITH CARIBBEAN MANGO PINEAPPLE SALSA
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- Sea salt
- 2 oz olive oil
- 1/2 pineapple diced
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 8 strawberries stemmed and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Mix all of the above ingredients together and serve over skillet seared salmon.
- Pat both sides of salmon dry with paper towels, season both sides evenly with sea salt. Heat an oven safe 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and once oil is shimmering add salmon top side down first. Leave some space between fillets and cook about 4 minutes, without moving, on the first side until golden brown on bottom then flip salmon to opposite side and place pan in 400 degree oven until salmon has cooked through, about 2 - 3 minutes longer. Serve warm with Mango Pineapple salsa over the top.
By Executive Chef Ann Lotterhos