Mojo Chicken Wings
Posted on April 27 2016
Growing up in Florida, "mojo" marinated food was everywhere. And, that is a good thing, because it's really, really good. It's the unofficial marinade of Cuba, and Florida has a huge Cuban population. You will even see mojo flavored rotisserie chicken at the local grocery store.
Mojo is the perfect marinade.
Mojo, it's pretty much the perfect marinade. You simply cannot go wrong with such a heavenly combination of garlic, citrus, and olive oil. While this recipe calls for paleo chicken wings, you can use the marinade on all types of meat.
MOJO CHICKEN WINGS
- 3lb Chicken Wings
- 1 cup Olive oil
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. dry oregano
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Puree all of the marinade ingredients.
- Reserve half the marinade, and marinate the wings in the other half of the marinade for at least an hour up to overnight.
- Lay wings out on a parchment lined sheet tray and bake at 400 for 25-35 minutes until completely done.
- Meanwhile put reserved marinade into a sauce pan and reduce it to a half cup.
- When wings are finished cooking, toss them in this reduced marinade for extra flavor.