"PB&J" Pocket Muffins
Posted on March 30 2016
"Uncrustables" made Paleo! This recipe is fun because it's versatile. You can make it in pocket ("Uncrustable") form or in muffins. Whether you need an on-the-go breakfast, an afternoon pick me up or a lunch idea for kids, this will work for you! It's also easy to personalize with your favorite jam or jelly flavor and quantity. Check out one of our favorite Paleo Jam recipes from Paleo Cupboard.
Find this original recipe over at Personally Paleo!
"PB&J" POCKETS & MUFFINS
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup each coconut flour & tapioca flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup filtered water
- Jam/Jelly Flavor of Choice, free of refined sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For muffins, fill muffin tin with silicone or paper cups. For pockets, cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine all wet ingredients (except for jam) and mix.
- Slowly stir wet ingredients into dry and mix until combined.
- For muffins, fill each cup 1/3 of the way with batter, add 1-2 tbs of jam (or more to your liking) then top off remainder of cup with batter. Try to keep the jam towards the center of the muffin as best as you can. If it spreads, it is not a big deal.
- For pockets, spread 2-3 tbs of batter in a small circle (3-4" wide) on the baking sheet. Add in jam (amount to your liking) to center and spread, leaving a small edge around the jam. Carefully add another 2-3 tbs of batter spread out on top of the jam. Use the back of a spoon to gently spread, ensuring all jam is covered & batter is touching the batter on the bottom.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove & let cool completely.
- Store airtight in the fridge or freeze for later use.
- Enjoy as is (or with even more jam!) for breakfast, a snack or send to school with the kiddos!
By Katie Doyle