Paleo Thanksgiving: Mashed Sweet Potato
Posted on November 09 2020
Paleo Thanksgiving continues with the classic side dish, mashed sweet potatoes. No need for the little tiny (high fructose corn syrup) marshmallows! We use grass fed ghee, maple syrup, and cinnamon to make these taste just like Thanksgiving. ( Disclaimer: in my video, I use grass fed butter, but all items made at Paleo On The Go use GRASS FED GHEE only.)
PALEO MASHED SWEET POTATO
Simple and delicious mashed sweet potatoes, paleo style. We use grass fed ghee and coconut milk in our recipe, resulting in a delicious side dish that is gluten free and dairy free.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into large cubes
- 2 Tbs or more of grass fed ghee
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut milk
- Steam the sweet potato until fork tender.
- Blend with ghee, sea salt, cinnamon, and coconut milk until desired consistency. Don't over blend. You can use a food processor, immersion blend, or mash by hand.
- Fold in the pecans right before serving, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Drizzle a little more maple syrup on top as well.
By Paleo on the Go