Italian Wedding Soup (AIP) - POTG Test Kitchen
Posted on August 09 2018
Soup's on! Well it is the middle of summer and the heat is definitely on, but soup doesn't have to be relegated to cold weather. Especially when serving a soup like this Paleo Italian Wedding Soup. It is a simple recipe full of clean ingredients that you can have on the table in no time. I love how the chef uses riced cauliflower added at the end in place of the Israeli Couscous that would be in a traditional recipe.The riced cauliflower adds a little chew that you would get with the couscous.
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
- 1 small onion grated
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 T. nutritional yeast, optional
- 8 oz ground beef
- 8 oz ground pork
- 12 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 8 oz of cauliflower pulsed in processor to make large “rice”
- 3 T. chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- Sea salt to taste
- To make the meatballs: Stir the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Shape the meat mixture into small meatballs, and place on a baking sheet.
- To make the soup: Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a large pot. Add the meatballs (uncooked) and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure they don't stick. Add the cauliflower rice and simmer alone for one minute, then the spinach. Season with sea salt if needed. Sprinkle with chopped Italian parsley to garnish if desired.