Kid’s Sushi Roll-up With Paleo Honey Mustard
Posted on August 07 2015
We love getting in the kitchen with our kids so, here’s to the parents who don’t mind a little help from tiny hands! Team up with your kids to make Paleo on the go’s kid’s sushi roll-ups! Have your kids help you by layering while you cut.
SUSHI ROLL-UP RECIPE
A delicious kids sushi roll-up using healthy foods. This recipe is a lot of fun to make with the kids. Let them do the layering while mom and dad do the cutting.
- 2 cucumbers, sliced thin length wise
- 1 avocado, hass ripe, chopped into thin slices
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 lb. turkey breast, grain-free (We use Applegate)
- 1/2 lb. roast beef, grain-free
- On a sheet of plastic wrap or parchment, layout a layer of cucumbers in a rectangle.
- Add two layers of turkey meat
- Add one layer of roast beef
- Then along the top make a line of carrots and scallions.
- Add the avocado to the line.
- Carefully (really carefully) roll the entire thing up until you get a tight "sushi" roll.
- Cut into bite sized pieces and serve with honey mustard (recipe below)
HONEY MUSTARD RECIPE
- 1/2 cup natural honey
- 1/2 cup any mustard
- Combine both ingredients and mix well.