Instant Pot AIP Minestrone Soup
Posted on December 11 2017
Instant Pot AIP Nomato MinestroneMinestrone is yet another classic soup turned AIP by our chef using our very own Nomato Sauce. We added a little bacon to add a full rounded flavor, but you don't have to. You can add your favorite vegetables to the mix, make it your own. After cooking, the bright Nomato becomes a delicious rich color that mimics the color and savoriness that real tomato would add to the soup. I really liked the flavor of the added fresh spinach. Some Italian sausage would be perfect here!
AIP MINESTRONE SOUP
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ # Pederson’s Bacon, finely chopped
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 8 oz baby spinach, rough chopped
- 1 Japanese white sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 container POTG Nomato Sauce
- ½ cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 T. chopped fresh sage
- 4 cups chopped white cabbage
- 1 T. dry Oregano
- 2 T. Nutritional yeast
- 2 t. Sea salt
- 8 cups bone broth or chicken stock
- In an instant pot set to sauté, heat the olive oil
- Add the bacon, sautéing it until crisp and rendered.
- Add the onions, carrots, garlic and celery and sweat for a minute or two.
- Add the bone broth or stock, and all of the other ingredients, except spinach and parsley.
- Set the pot to soup, on the “less” setting and run it for 20 minutes.
- Release steam manually, stir in spinach and parsley and serve.