Chorizo Breakfast Patties
Posted on March 09 2021
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day
When I have the time to prepare a nice breakfast, I like to have options. These savory Chorizo Breakfast Patties fit the bill perfectly!
For these breakfast patties, start off with some No-Sugar Chorizo from Pederson's Natural Farms. The recipe calls for some awesome ingredients such as chopped bell pepper, beef tallow and crushed grass-fed pork skins (yum). The pork skins add to the overall flavor and act as a binder, as well. Pair with some eggs for a quick meal or make breakfast burritos using our Paleo Tortillas. So many options!
CHORIZO BREAKFAST PATTIES
- 1 lb package of Pederson's No Sugar Chorizo
- ½ cup, diced Spanish onions
- ½ cup, diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup, ground up grass fed pork skins
- 1 tbs, paleo grass-fed beef tallow
- In a ziplock bag crush/grind up enough pork skins to make roughly a full cup of pork skin crumbles.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chorizo, onions, bell peppers and pork skins and mix by hand.
- Form the combined mixture into approximately 1 oz patties.
- Place the Cast Iron Skillet on Medium heat and allow the beef tallow to completely melt, coating the entire skillet.
- Place the patties in the skillet and let them sizzle away until cooked all the way through.