AIP S’mores, Yes S’mores – POTG Test Kitchen
Posted on May 31 2018
Did you know the first published recipe for S’mores was printed in “Tramping and Trailing with the Girl Scouts” in 1927? It quickly became a camp fireside treat as people all across the country were exploring our national parks and the joys of camping. Relaxing at night by the campfire making yummy things to eat can now be enjoyed even if you follow the Autoimmune Protocol. Chef Ann created these recipes in the POTG Test Kitchen and boy was it good! The crackers alone are tasty. Add the marshmallow and carob, WOW. Definitely try this at home!
AIP GRAHAM CRACKERS
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 tsp. gelatin powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 T. molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine coconut oil, gelatin, molasses, vanilla, and coconut sugar, process until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, pulsing to form a dough.
- Roll out your dough between layers of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the rolled out dough into crackers using a pizza cutter or knife then transfer the cut dough right on the parchment to a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Allow crackers to cool, then break them apart.