AIP Shrimp Ceviche with Avocado and Apple
Posted on June 05 2017
AIP Shrimp Ceviche
This is going to be my go-to salad for the summer! Served over a bed of fresh garden greens, YUM!
AIP SHRIMP CEVICHE WITH AVOCADO AND APPLE
- 2 lbs raw peeled deveined shrimp
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced 1/8”
- 3 avocados, removed from peel and diced ¼”
- 3 green apples, peeled and diced 1/8”
- 3 celery stalks, diced 1/8”
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 limes, juice and zest, plus another ½ cup lime juice
- 4 T. chopped cilantro
- 5 scallions, finely sliced
- 4 T. chopped parsley
- 1 T. sea salt
- Salad Greens
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until just done.
- Remove with a spider and plunge into a bowl of ice water to prevent overcooking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, salt, cilantro, scallions and parsley.
- In another bowl, place diced apples, cucumbers, celery, and avocado.
- Remove shrimp from ice bath and chop into ¼” dice.
- Add to bowl with vegetables.
- Pour dressing over it and fold gently to combine, being careful not to crush the avocado.
- Let sit for an hour for flavors to absorb into the ceviche.
- Serve over salad greens.
- Serves 8 as an appetizer.