AIP Salmon And Vegetable Foil Packs
Posted on August 20 2018
Have you ever cooked anything in a packet? I've used both foil and parchment paper. I have noticed grocery stores offering meals prepped just like this, all ingredients placed inside a packet that can be placed in the oven or right on the grill for no mess cooking. You can do the same yourself in the comfort of your kitchen. This is great if you do meal prep ahead of time. You can get home from work, grab a packet or two out of the refrigerator and pop them in the oven or on the grill. No dishes to clean up! The possibilities are endless. Give it a try and let us know how it worked out for you.
SALMON & VEGGIE FOIL PACKETS
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 red onion
- 4 T. olive oil
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 4 sheets of aluminum foil into 15-inch lengths.
- Remove ends from squash, cut in half then into thin half moons. Peel and thinly slice the red onion.
- Toss zucchini, squash, sliced red onion and garlic together with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Season with salt to taste and divide among the 4 sheets of foil, placing veggies in center of foil.
- Brush salmon fillets with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil, season bottom side with salt then place one fillet over each layer of veggies on foil. Drizzle lemon juice over salmon and season top with salt.
- Wrap sides of foil inward then fold up ends to seal. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until salmon has cooked through, about 25 - 30 minutes (cook time may vary based on thickness of salmon fillets). Carefully open foil packets and serve warm.
By Executive Chef Ann Lotterhos