AIP Oyster Bar - Southern Fried Oysters with Lemon and Parsley
Posted on January 31 2018
SOUTHERN FRIED OYSTERS WITH LEMON AND PARSLEY
- 1 dozen fresh live oysters in shell
- ½ cup Coconut flour
- 1 T. Tapioca or potato starch
- ½ cup Cassava flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1 t. Salt
- 3 cups Avocado or olive oil to fry
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 2 T. fresh chopped parsley
- Using oyster knife, pry open the oysters and loosen meat with the knife. Place oysters in a small bowl.
- Mix the coconut flour, cassava flour, potato starch, baking soda, water and salt together until a batter is formed. Set aside. In a small saucepan, heat the oil until it reads 360 on a thermometer.
- Dip each oyster into the batter, letting excess drip off.
- Gently lower the oysters into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towel lined plate.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.