AIP Instant Pot Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
Posted on January 25 2018
AIP Instant Pot Roasted Garlic Cauliflower SoupCold winter nights are perfect for sitting by a fire with a nice steaming bowl of soup. Did you know that the healing abilities of garlic have been known to man for thousands of years? Roasted Garlic is full of anti-cancer compounds, immune-strengthening molecules and heart disease-preventing antioxidants. And it's delicious, how can you go wrong? Give this recipe a try, I think you will like it!
AIP INSTANT POT ROASTED GARLIC CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- 1 cup olive oil
- 5 heads garlic tips sliced off OR 2 cups peeled garlic cloves
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 heads cauliflower chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 8 cups water
- 3 T. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp mace
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
FOR THE ROASTED GARLIC
- Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- Add the garlic to a small baking dish where all the heads of garlic are in one layer.
- Pour oil over garlic.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes until garlic is soft.
- Or if using peeled cloves, put them in a small saucepan and just cover with olive oil and simmer until tender over low heat.
- Remove from oven and set aside until ready to use.
- When ready to add to soup, squeeze all the cloves of garlic out and transfer to soup. (You should get about 1/2 to 2/3 cups)
- On sauté function, heat oil and sauté onions and cauliflower for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the broth, water, parsley, oregano, turmeric, ginger, mace and salt.
- Add roasted garlic, and close. Press soup button and cook.
- When finished use manual release for the steam and open pot.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth or let cool and transfer to a blender until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.