AIP Ice Cream Sundae – POTG Test Kitchen
Posted on May 25 2018
Mmmmmmmmm Ice Cream!!! With these recipes you can have your own ice cream social with assorted toppings and sauces for a build your own sundae buffet. With no preservatives the ice cream melts quickly so you might want to have it close by in a freezer! But that AIP Caramel Sauce? OMG!
AIP COCONUT VANILLA ICE CREAM
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated
- ½ to 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Blend the coconut milk, maple syrup to taste, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into the freezer bowl of electric ice cream maker and churn until desired consistency.
AIP CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut manna
Mix all ingredients together in a small saucepan and bring to simmer. Cool and enjoy!
AIP HOT FUDGE
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup carob powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix together the coconut milk, palm sugar, and carob powder until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Whisk in the coconut oil and vanilla.
- Allow the sauce to cool for 20 minutes.
- The sauce will continue to thicken while it cools.
- Can be served cold or hot.