AIP Grilled Lime Coconut Chicken
Posted on August 06 2018
Tired of the same old boring chicken dinners? Well this recipe is for you! We cooked this dish on the flat top in our kitchen. If I were to do this at home I would definitely cook it on the grill. One of my favorite things about it is the delicious marinade is reduced to be the sauce. This would be great to serve with some cauliflower rice to coral that yummy sauce. Give it a try!
GRILLED LIME COCONUT CHICKEN
CHICKEN AND MARINADE/SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 lb. chicken breast, split and pounded to even thickness
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh limes, cut into wedges
- In a large liquid measuring cup or medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lime zest, lime juice, coconut aminos, salt, sugar, and coconut milk. Place the chicken in a bowl and pour the marinade over the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill. Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side (actual time will depend on the thickness of the chicken). While the chicken is cooking, pour the marinade into a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the grilled chicken on a serving platter or plate. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle fresh cilantro over the top. Serve with lime wedges. Serve with cauliflower rice.
By Executive Chef Ann Lotterhos