AIP Creamy Garlic Bisque
Posted on April 17 2018
AIP CREAMY GARLIC BISQUE
- 3 cups garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil, plus 3 T. olive oil
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 T. nutritional yeast (optional)
- Heat oven to 350. Place two cups of garlic cloves into a small pan, pour ½ cup olive oil over them, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- In a large saucepan, heat 3 T. olive oil.
- Add the onions and thyme; cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add both the roasted garlic and the remainder of the raw garlic cloves and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and, continuing over medium heat, bring the soup just to a simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes, or until garlic is very tender.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Using an immersion blender puree soup until smooth.
- Return soup to pan and stir in coconut cream.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Sprinkle each bowl with a little nutritional yeast if desired.