AIP Chicken Florentine
Posted on August 09 2018
CHICKEN FLORENTINE (AIP)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil to sauté
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb button or cremini mushrooms
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely packed
- In a saute pan, heat the olive oil, season the chicken breasts on both sides with sea salt and place in the pan.
- Cook until brown on both sides, remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat a little more oil in the pan and sauté the mushrooms and green onions until soft.
- Add the garlic, chicken stock and coconut milk.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Dilute the arrowroot in a little water and whisk into the simmering mixture until it is creamy. Season with salt if needed, then add the spinach and turn off the heat.
- Stir in the spinach just to wilt the leaves, then return the chicken to the pan to reheat it.
- Serve immediately with the mushroom and spinach sauce spooned over the top.
By Executive Chef Ann Lotterhos