AIP Cheesecake Bites with Berry Compote and Graham Cracker Crust
Posted on July 24 2018
I have been craving cheesecake lately, so I asked Chef Ann to make an AIP dessert inspired by cheesecake. Yep, that's how spoiled I am! After working her magic in the POTG Test Kitchen she came up with this recipe. All I have to say is WOW! I think it could the graham cracker crust that makes you think cheesecake, but whatever it is these are really good! If you made the S'mores we posted recently and have any left over graham crackers, this is a great use for them. If not just make a batch, we re-posted the recipe for you below. These would be great to serve to a guest, or take to a potluck!
CHEESECAKE BITES WITH BERRY COMPOTE AND GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- ¾ cup coconut manna
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 T. arrowroot powder, dissolved in a little water
- 4 oz each of raspberries, blueberries and strawberries
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. water
- 1 tsp. arrowroot, diluted in water
- You will need mini cupcake liners for this recipe.
- You can use regular ones if that is all you have, just fill them up only 1/3 of the way.
- Heat the manna, oil, honey and extract in a small saucepan to melt.
- Stir in the arrowroot thoroughly.
- Remove from heat.
- You are melting everything, not boiling it.
- In another small saucepan, put the 12 oz of mixed berries, honey and water. Bring to low simmer and cook for a few minutes until the berries start to soften and release their juices. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. arrowroot, diluted in water and stir to thicken the compote.
- Take a 12 cupcake muffin pan and put a cupcake liner in each space.
- Crush up the graham crackers into crumbs (recipe below).
- Sprinkle a few teaspoons of crumbs into the bottom of each cupcake paper to cover the bottom. Using a small ladle or spoon, spoon enough of the cheesecake mixture into each cup to fill it almost up to the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes to firm the cheesecake bites up.
- Serve them with the berry compote on the side.
By Executive Chef Ann Lotterhos
AIP GRAHAM CRACKERS
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 tsp. gelatin powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 T. molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine coconut oil, gelatin, molasses, vanilla, and coconut sugar, process until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, pulsing to form a dough.
- Roll out your dough between layers of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the rolled out dough into crackers using a pizza cutter or knife then transfer the cut dough right on the parchment to a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Allow crackers to cool, then break them apart.