Go On A POTG International Culinary Tour – Paleo Paella
Posted on August 30 2017
Have you traveled to Spain and sampled the delicious Spanish classic dish paella? Our chef recently was in Europe and got inspired to create a paleo version of the paellas she enjoyed on her trip. Paella originated on the east coast of Spain in the city of Valencia, one of the largest ports in Spain. The dish was developed using fresh local seafood, vegetables and meats. Throughout Spain, as well as the rest of the world, there are countless versions of Paella. Using the ever versatile Cauliflower “rice,” our paleo version is loaded with chicken, shrimp and kielbasa and vegetables. The best part of this paella recipe is it can be put together and on the table ready to eat in a short amount of time. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
POTG International Culinary Tour – Paleo Paella
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- ½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 kielbasa, diced
- 2 T. minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 t. paprika
- 1 t. turmeric
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cut cauliflower in half remove stem and leaves.
- Process florets in processor until rice sized grains are formed.
- Dice the red and green bell pepper.
- Dice the onion.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and add onion, garlic and kielbasa.
- Stir frequently for 5 minutes then add the red and green bell peppers and shrimp.
- Stir for 3 minutes then add turmeric, paprika, chicken stock, diced tomatoes and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice and chicken.
- Continue stirring and steam the cauliflower for a few minutes.
- Add lemon juice and parsley and stir to combine.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt if necessary.