AIP Sugar Cookie Dough with Vanilla Icing
Posted on November 19 2018
SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH WITH VANILLA ICING FOR ROLLED COOKIES
- 1 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup non-hydrogenated palm shortening
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of coconut butter, softened in microwave until creamy
- 1 cups coconut cream
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- Beat shortening, maple syrup, and vanilla in a standard mixer or food processor.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add the dry to the wet and beat until just combined.
- Spoon the dough from the processor into a container with a lid or wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for 3 hours to let it rest.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. When ready to make cookies, remove dough from refrigerator and let it sit out for an hour or so until it is soft enough to roll out. Transfer the dough to a large sheet of parchment paper, use your hands to pat the dough down into a round circle, sprinkle it with flour, and then place another piece of parchment on top of it.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thick, then cut into desired shapes, continuing until all of the dough is used.
- Put the sheet in the oven and allow the cookies to bake for 5-8 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. Refrigerate for an hour or more before icing.
By Executive Chef Ann Lottterhos
Sugar Cookie Dough with Vanilla Icing